Science and technology is an integral part of our lives in the 21st century. A primary goal of BeSpatial is to provide educational consulting and services to both students and educators in the Science (S), Technology (T), Engineering (E), Arts (A), and Mathematics (M) subjects. Through these services, we engage participants to spark inquiry, reason logically, think critically, analyse objectively, build problem solving and collaborative skills, and search for creative solutions. In particular, our focus is on promoting the topics of space science and geomatics.
For several decades, Canada has maintained a strong presence in both the space program and geomatics industries at a global platform. Notable contributions of significant innovation and technologies by Canada include the Canadarm (1 and 2) aboard the International Space Station; the Radarsat suite of instruments to capture high resolution data for several applications; Canada's first space telescope MOST to study the physical characteristics of stars; and a laser scanner to generate 3D maps of the asteroid Bennu on the upcoming OSIRIS-REX mission amongst other contributions. In recent months, the Canadian government has actively committed funding towards future innovation and collaborations between academia and industry on several projects. With continuous interest in exploration, Space science, and Geomatics, BeSpatial Consulting is committed to providing access and opportunities in the form of events, training, and resources to all educators, future leaders and innovators.
Bhairavi is a a dynamic, dedicated, and passionate speaker and loves to share interactive content on the applications of space science and GIS. She works to bridge the gap between science advances she encounters through her research interests and in encouraging the audience to better understand the relevance of space and geomatics in their daily lives, inspiring the next generation scientists and innovators. Explore the various ways BeSpatial Consulting can help meet your own interests in learning more about space science or geomatics.
- Come and join our outreach events with community partners throughout the year where you get hands-on experience of space science through events and public talks. Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to learn of events near you.
EDUCATIONAL FIELD TRIPS
- Experience valuable learning experiences outside the classroom.
- Explore local institutions, and learning spaces that promote space science and S.T.E.A.M. activities for every age group.
- Visit local businesses that actively participate in space science advancement and use geomatics in their analyses.
- We offer after-school training on geology and G.I.S. curriculum content.
- We offer training services in G.I.S and spatial analysis. We work with common G.I.S platforms including ESRI ArcGIS and QGIS.
INTERNSHIPS & CAREER PLANNING
- Contact us to access our database on internship opportunities in the space science and geomatics sectors.
- Interested in pursuing a career in space science or geomatics?Find out what jobs and roles exist in Canada.
- Engage and deepen your knowledge in space science and the role of geomatics in space science (for every grade level).
- Develop single or multi-period space and geomatic themed lesson plans or activities that meets provincial curriculum objectives.
- Connect you to relevant space or GIS themed resources available that will support your teaching styles.
- Space Science and Geology topics: Rock identification, Tectonics, Impact Cratering, Mission Planning.
- GIS topics: Projections, Topography, Mapping, Spatial Analysis, online GIS training, Remote Sensing.
- Present content on space science and geomatics to your group, classroom, or event.
TRAINING & WORKSHOPS
- Provide workshops, customized tutorials on ways to use space science and geomatics with your group, classroom, or event.
- Work one-on-one or for a small group to learn or improve use of space science, and G.I.S. software programs.